Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Database question

5754 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-07 17:11:03

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-05 09:55:06
     i have a question which maybe someone has tried if for example i had Mercedes v5.10 could that be transferred to another maxisys 908  or are they encrypted to a specific machine i know i can save previous versions from my maxisys to my pc and back. 

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-05 10:39:56 (Reply to:busaman)

Busaman are you the same one on Auto Professionals Forum....? 

Regarding your question I thing yes you can as they are not encrypted to S/Numbers on MaxisysPro................

Ash

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-05 11:53:08 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     hi ash yes on AP

so is there anything stopping us setting up a general database where we can downgrade when we find an upgrade is not what is supposed to be as autel don't keep the old software on file (not that i can find anyway) there is a lot of stuff that used to work but now doesn't.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-07-05 12:43:15 (Reply to:busaman)

Yes you can always do that if you have an backup your old software by copy paste the old software folder to the required car make and manufactures folders......................

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-05 15:19:41 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     i was more thinking about a general database for everyone to share some of the early versions of the maxisys were very good (until the lawsuits came along) for certain makes and as with the maxidas autel saw fit to delete the older vehicles for some reason so they are now missing on the newer versions.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    Mech5455

2015-07-05 20:51:28 (Reply to:busaman)

Don't agree

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-06 01:03:38 (Reply to:Mech5455)
      i was talking about the older versions of software (which anyone that has bought a maxisys will have rights to) the only problem is autel does not tell us what they delete and only a bit of what they add. and do NOT keep older versions on file to go back to if you realise too late.

you would be surprised how many people do not know how to back up their tool out of the ten people i know with one i am the only one that knows anything about it and the problems with the updates.

even autel UK do not know half of the issues.

in short if AUTEL  did their job properly we would not be having this discussion.

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-07-06 05:31:51 (Reply to:busaman)

I would have to agree with Mech5455.  You cannot openly make a database for everyone to share.  Here is my example, My scanner subscriptions expired in Feb, 2015 and I have not had any updates since then.  Lets use GM as an example, my latest update for GM is Version 6.00 and if you had version 7.00 on the database, then I could download it and upgrade my scanner to a newer version.  Yet it is not the latest but it is still an upgrade for my scanner.  Then when version 7.5 comes out and I find version 7.2 and I download it, I will be still be upgrading my scanner.  It is not the latest but I am still upgrading my scanner.  In theory, I am stealing software upgrades and not paying for them.  If you have an open database for everyone to use, then everyone will steal software without paying for them.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 07:42:32 (Reply to:Dave08902)

I am bias for now, too many software glitches leaving no choice, but the problem with this is also that some will try to take advantage to update for free and not because the have an issue, that is wrong . anyway I edited my post cuz they do have many issues that need to be resolved. I know it is wrong but so  is paying for bad software. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman
    2015-07-06 12:12:06 (Reply to:ede65)
       if i am not mistaken (i think not sure the firmware updates will only let you do backwards compatible downgrades) ie you cant use newer software without the firmware (which you have to be in subs).

does anyone know different??

i dont want upgrades for free just want to be able to revert back to a previous version.

so autell should have the database for us to use.
  Total3 Pages